Here's an updated schedule:
- June 14: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Sandpoint, Sandpoint High School auditorium
- June 14: 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Coeur d'Alene, North Idaho College Molstead Room 258
- June 15: 10 a.m. to noon in Lewiston, Lewis-Clark State College, Sacajawea 112
- June 16: 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Meridian, Mountain View High School lecture hall
- June 17: 10 a.m. to noon in Weiser, Weiser High School
- June 17: 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in McCall, Holiday Inn Express
In June 2009, Idaho joined 47 other states, two territories and the District of Columbia in committing to develop a common core of state standards for proficiency in English language arts and mathematics for grades K-12. The Common Core State Standards Initiative is a voluntary, state-led effort coordinated by the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices (NGA Center) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO).
These standards define the knowledge and skills students should have within their K-12 education careers so that they will graduate from high school able to succeed beyond high school in post-secondary education and the workforce. The final standards were released June 2, 2010 and are now available for states to consider adopting.
More informaiton is available on our Common Core State Standards website. While there, you can review the standards, submit a comment or see a full list of the regional public meetings across Idaho.
~ Melissa M.