Monday, January 6, 2014

SUPERINTENDENT LUNA REACTS TO STATE OF THE STATE ADDRESS

Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Luna released the following statement after the Governor’s State of the State and Budget Address on Monday:

“Today, Governor Otter set a positive tone for this Legislative Session, making it clear education is his top priority. I am pleased he made the implementation of our Task Force recommendations a priority and demonstrated his continued support for the Idaho Core Standards. My only concern is that the Governor's budget proposes reducing overall teacher compensation in order to help schools pay the light bill. I cannot support that. I believe we have the funding and the plan to accomplish both, and I will fight to ensure we continue to improve teacher compensation this year and in the future.”

Read more about the Governor’s State of the State and Budget Address.

No comments:

Post a Comment