“The Fast Forward program is a win-win for students and their parents. Students get a jump start on college and parents pay less for college-level classes. The Fast Forward program opens the doors of opportunity to all of Idaho's public school students, no matter where they live,” said Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Luna.
During the 2014 Legislative Session, the Idaho Legislature passed Senate Bill 1233, which approved funds to cover up to 75 percent of the cost of taking dual credit courses, college-bearing exams, or professional-technical exams. The Fast Forward Program provides every high school junior access up to $200 and high school seniors access to up to $400 per year. To find out more information about the Fast Forward program, please attend one of the following community events in your area.
• Coeur d’Alene – July 30, North Idaho College, Student Union Building, ESU1 Lake Cd'a at 6 p.m.
• Moscow – July 31, University of Idaho, Renfrew Hall, Classroom 126 at 6 p.m.
• Boise – August 6, Boise State University, Yanke Family Research Park at 6 p.m.
• Pocatello – August 11, Idaho State University, Student Union Building, 2nd floor ballroom at 6 p.m.
• Twin Falls – August 12, Canyon Ridge High School, auditorium at 7 p.m.